My Thoughts and et al

Incoherant Musings ......!#!@#!@##^%$%@$%@$!#!@##~

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Oh......mother!!!

Wat is happening to my country? Inspite of me being abroad to what is close to a year, i still read 3 Indian newspapers almost daily and keep track of what is happening in my country!

But 2 news of late have really caused lots of pain to read. They are as follows!!!!

1. Simran campaigns for AIADMK...and record crowd turns out to watch that

Well I dont find fault in Simran all of a sudden turning patriotic or so as to speak join the forces to lead the country into the next century. Its her Fundamental right, she has the money, the popularity, she can do watso ever she pleases. But is really really shocking is the sheer number of people who have come all the way to see her utter something in her TANGLISH tat cast ur votes for "Irratai Illai". I mean WTF? She can be beautiful, but so F***kin wat? I cant imagine standing all day long to get a glimse of a person, who needs their support to become victorious. I mean she isnt a nobel laurette or something. No offense to simran, but come on guys? Standing in chair for hours together so that she can speak for 3 mins?

If god gave me a wish, I would surely ask for the people to get over their adulation for the stars!!!! They are as screwed up as everyone else.

P:s: But what encouraged me was that the Rediff site which covered this issue had asked some of them, will u vote for Amma and their answer was, well we have already decided whom to vote for!!! WE just came to see simran! Well tats a good sign, they know the value of their votes. Politicians cheat us and so we can cheat them once in a while too? ;)

2. Death of Dr.Rajkumar and Violence that followed it

Dr.Rajkumar was a great person, I speak no ill of the dead. But instead of praying for his soul to rest in peace, what ensued shows us that we r never really going anywhwere!!!. Well he could be GOD even, But that doesnt give any1 the right to damage the public property or go on a killing spree.

I understand kannadiga's sense of loss, but is he greater than the state itself? that it gives the mob the right to riot and destroy govt property? Well if he was indeed great and he had a positive influence on people(like some ppl comment on chat forums), then that would have caused the people to restrain themselves from this violence. Well I dont know if Dr.Rajkumar had been alive, he wouldve been really pained to see this happen, tats for sure! Even he wouldnt have liked giving somebody else's life just to see his cremation.

Well a similar incident happened Tamil Nadu in 1980s when Anna died and 100s of people r believed to be killed trying to attend his funeral. Well looks like things havent changed much for 20 years.

I do remember during the days of kidnapping of Dr.Rajkumar by veerappan, i was doing my training in DRDO, Banglr. I used to literally be petrified searching for houses. I was scared wat if I get killed for speaking in Tamil. Such was the fear that I never ventured out for a week till he was found safe and sound. Incidentally, it also happened that I was in Lalbagh Express train when veerappan kidnapped some MLA...nagappa or some1. The moment we landed on Bangalore, things bcame awfully quiet. Imagine landing on a place for the first time and there is riot! I cant possibily let such a thing happen to any1, not even to my enemy.

No matter how much the literacy of a country increase, no matter how many IT cos r set up in Bangalore. People will remain the same. Mob mentality is dangerous!!!!

Moral of the news story:

Both the points indicate just one thing.... "U can never underestimate power of fools in large numbers"

But we will grow out of it, we surely will. But will take some time, probability of such a thing happening during my lifetime is low, BUT i have hope!!!

Asso!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Badhri said…

    About Simran:
    Man, People throng to *see* Simran. Not to see Simran campaign. I remember waiting in long queues just to see Simran's movies. If one get to see her up close in *flesh* and *skin*, who wouldn't? :D.

    On a serious note, I came to know of the news at your blog, but it doesn't suprise me given the number of film personalities who have taken sides, come election. Think of another scenario, when the same Simran is a candidate. There will be votes cast to the party just for her name. She may even win! That is worse.

    Moral:
    "In a democracy, people get the leaders they deserve." Its not mine. But after initial disagreement, I am coming to realize how true it is.

    About Rajkumar:
    Truly appalling. I totally empathize with your feelings. What I don't understand is, why should police be targeted when they are the ones who ensured a dignified funeral procession for him.

    Moral: A man can be smart. But, a crowd is always dumb and senseless.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home